"When I was a young man, I vowed neve...  

Posted by Darkmaer


"When I was a young man, I vowed never to marry until I found the ideal woman. Well, I found her - but, alas, she was waiting for the perfect man."

-Robert Schuman



You don't die of a broken heart. You only wish you did."

-Marilyn Peterson

"All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times."

-Goethe


"The Prince is never going to come, everybody knows that; and maybe Sleeping Beauty's dead."

-Lestat in Anne Rice's Queen of the Damned

"All men are mad in some way or the other..."

-Abraham Van Helsing in Bram Stoker's Dracula

"Software is like sex; it's better when it's free."

-Linus Torvalds

"Beware the engineers of society, I say, who would make everyone in
all the world equal. Opportunity should be equal, must be equal, but
achievement must remain individual."

-Drizzt Do'Urden in R.A. Salvatore's Streams of Silver

"But love, honest love, requires empathy. It is a sharing - of joy,
of laughter, of tears. Honest love makes one's soul a reflection of the
partner's moods."

-Drizzt Do'Urden in R.A. Salvatore's The Silent Blade

"Loss of empathy might well be the most enduring and deepest-cutting
scar of all, the silent blade of an unseen enemy, tearing at our hearts
and stealing more than our strength. Stealing our will, for what are we
without empathy? What manner of joy might we find in our lives if we
cannot understand the joys and pains of those around us, if we cannot
share in the greater community?"

-Drizzt Do'Urden in R.A. Salvatore's The Silent Blade

"And so I reject all but the most moderate use of such intoxicants,
and while I'll not openly judge those who so indulge, I will pity them
their empty souls."

-Drizzt Do'Urden in R.A. Salvatore's The Spine of the World









This entry was posted on Dec 7, 2008 at Sunday, December 07, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment